Dr George Vassiliou
1988-1993 President of the Republic of Cyprus.
1996-1999 Member of Parliament
1998 - 2003
Head of the Republic of Cyprus Negotiating Team for the accession of Cyprus to the European Union. In this capacity he was also responsible for co-ordinating the harmonisation process within the country and securing the accession of Cyprus.
Current business activities
· Chairman of MEMRB International, a major market research, marketing and economic consultancy organization with offices in 30 countries in the Middle East, Central and Eastern Europe with over 1500 employees
· Chairman of Ledra and Innovation/Leo Burnett Advertising Companies
· Member of Board and major shareholder in Alison Hayes Group (manufacturers of ladies clothing)
Dr. Vassiliou is also an active participant in international fora and is a member of the following international organisations.
· Member of the Trilateral Commission,
· Member of the InterAction Council,
· Member of the Board of Governors of the Shimon Peres Institute for Peace,
· Visiting Professor at the Cranfield School of Management in the UK
· Honorary Professor of the Cyprus International Institute of Management (CIIM)
Dr. Vassiliou holds a degree and Doctorate in Economics from the University of Economics in Budapest. He subsequently specialised in marketing and market research in London. He is the author of several books and hundreds of articles and contributions in international publications.